Sleep is your superpower
I recently listened to a great podcast on the importance of sleep.
Here are 6 things I learnt:
- Men who sleep 5 hours a night have testosterone levels similar to a man ten years older than them – this means lack of sleep will age a man ten years!
- You need sleep before and after learning to allow your brain to remember new memories and information well – it’s been proven that all nighters do not work!
- When we lose an hour of sleep due to daylight savings there is a 24% increase in heart attacks the following day. When the reverse occurs and we gain an hour of sleep a 21% reduction in heart attacks is recorded.
- As you age your deep sleep quality deteriorates and can be linked to aging memory issues
- Sleeping pills to do not create natural sleep and therefore does not have all the benefits of sleep.
- When you are not getting enough sleep your immune cell productivity drops by 70%!
If you would like to learn more then follow this link
Dr Esther Finn (chiropractor)