Lentil, sweet potato & pancetta soupOptiStart Chiropractic
· 750ml (3 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
· 2 teaspoons olive oil
· 1 large red onion, finely chopped
· 2 celery sticks, trimmed, finely chopped
· 50g pancetta, finely chopped
· 2 garlic cloves, crushed
· 500g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
· 400g can no-added-salt lentils, rinsed, drained
· 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
· 250g broccoli, cut into small florets
· Chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
· Step 1 Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, celery, pancetta and garlic, stirring, for 6 minutes or until soft. Add the sweet potato. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until combined.
· Step 2 Add the stock, lentils and tomato. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes or until sweet potato is tender. Add broccoli. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is tender crisp.
Step 3 Divide the soup among serving bowls and top wit